One unified platform to operate global Omni-Channel commerce
Brand Control Center
Brands or manufacturers use the control center to organize and execute their global commerce activities from one place. The handling of BrandCloud is as easy as running an online shop and it offers many functions and features as explained below. On top of that, BrandCloud works as an extension to integrate an unlimited number of physical POS, distributors, sales-intermediates or online shops/marketplaces into a brands commerce strategy.
A key competitive advantage is that every single item can be handled as a unique item (UID) through a unique QR Code. This unique ID management enables brands to track a single product´s life cycle across all sales channels.
The global QR-ID allows the control of necessary checkout activities and can provide global sales relevant data in real-time, e.g.: inventories, final prices, consumer data, after-service state, recall identification etc.
Sales, Tracking & Payment
These 4 tools ensure friction-free processes across all sales channels and are fully integrated BrandCloud components:
QR Code & QR Code printer
To allow a physical POS or any sales intermediate interact with the BrandCloud system, every single item can be labeled with a unique QR Code. It can be printed directly from the browser interface and can be applied on the product or its packaging. The QR code not only contains a directory, but it also can reference to GS2 codes, serial numbers or any other production related number system.
Retailer Sales APP & Integrated payment
The Retailer Sales APP is the link between a brand, it´s importers and the POS, keeping all of them in synch with the BrandCloud system. The system has a multi-role architecture and provides specific features to be used as a brand, importer or any kind of POS.
The Retailer Sales APP works as a mobile cash desk with full payment integration, logistics and inventory system as well as a product info-center for the sales person using it.
Ways to sell for brands
It's all about consumer expectations and experiences!
Brands need to feed multiple sales channels and touchpoints to reach their consumers, making harmonization a fundamental cornerstone of every Omni-channel sales strategy.
BrandCloud is a unified Omni-Channel commerce platform for brand manufacturers to operate and harmonize global commerce activities across all sales channels and touchpoints. With BrandCloud the well known shopping confusion for consumers is a thing of the past.
Business model for brands... Sharing profit
Sharing information between the consumer and a brands distribution channels forms the foundation of true Omni-Channel commerce. In order to share up-to-date sales relevant information (e.g. sold product, by and to whom, final price, etc.) the checkout activity and the resulting inventory adjustment should be transparent amongst the distributing parties. How BrandCloud is enabling the flow of relevant information and provide realtime overview about inventory status is explained in the section "Sales, Tracking & Payment" on this page. Once that parties involved along the distribution chain know the final sales price (which is impossible in traditional retail business as of today), the basic idea of sharing can be consistently executed amongst all parties, creating unrivaled win-win-win situations.
* Calculation based on 8 % VAT (include rounding error)
1. The Retailer (POS) pays a deposit on the ordered product. The deposit level can be chosen, however we recommend to set it at around half of the traditional whole sales price
The deposit payment fulfills following purpose:
Covering a basic (inherent) risk for the brand whilst saving retailers cash-flow. By using retailers cash more effectively Retailers can invest in a better product line-up increasing the chance of a sale dramatically.
Furthermore the deposit grants the payee a right on the future expected profit once the product is sold.
2. Since BrandCloud creates final pricing transparency, the total revenue (final price ./. deposit payment and VAT) can be shared in a fair way amongst the distributing parties
The revenue sharing fulfills follwing purpose:
Allow Brands to actively push sales campaigns by adjusting the sharing ratio (anytime possible by the push of a button) thus protecting Retailers from lost sales and showrooming effects. Through the sharing methodology not only revenues but also discounts are being shared. (Read: Business model for Retailers)
3. The Retailer (POS) receives his deposit payment back once the affected product has been sold to a consumer
The deposit payback fulfills following purpose:
Brands keep the deposit as a security payment until the product is sold and use it as a calcuation base for the sharing model. Retailers re-use the deposit and invest them back into an ordered product.
NOTE: Ratios and values described in this webpage are best practice experience, but can be changed and adapted at any time by the brand itself.
1. The sharable ratio 40/20/40 is just an example and can be defined by the brand. E.g. to win market share in retail for certain products, brands can increase retail ratio for the retailer...
2. The value of the deposit payment can be defined by the brand. E.g. to win market share in retail, brands can reduce the value or due date of the deposit payment...
3. The importer (distributor) often being negeglected or bypassed by the brands is playing a new role in the BrandCloud ecosystem. The importer no longer is a banking substitute to re-finance brands inventories. He is much more becoming the true local marketer. This means... his risk is dropping dramatically in the new eco-system and he can focus on his true job... taking care of the national marketing and help its retail partners to grow sales.
(*Ratios and values described in this webpage are best practice experience, but can be changed and adapted at any time by the brand itself in the BrandCloud control center. BrandCloud is automatically executing all settings to ensure easy and safe processing.)
Product & Money Flow
BrandCloud monitors the handling of global product, information and money flow. Reporting and documentation is automatically provided to all parties involved in:
Inventories of central warehouses and POS
Packing and shipping
Ordered and sold products
Final consumer payments and discounts if given
Open and paid duties & VAT's
Open and paid deposits
Open and paid revenue shares
NOTE: Dependent on which distribution channel is used the brand can also take the role of the Importer or Retailer.